- Day 1 – Basel (EMBARK RIVER CRUISE)
- Day 2 – Breisach
- Day 3 – Strasbourg
- Day 4 – Speyer – Excursion to Heidelberg
- Day 5 – Mainz – Excursion to Rüdesheim
- Day 6 – Main River Village
- Day 7 – Wurzburg
- Day 8 – Bamberg
- Day 9 – Nuremberg
- Day 10 – Nuremberg (DISEMBARK RIVER CRUISE)
Christmastime from Basel to Nuremberg
|Theme (select dates)|
INCLUDED FOR EVERY AVALON GUEST
- Spacious outside deluxe accommodations with enhanced soundproofing and Avalon’s exclusive Comfort Collection Beds for a great night’s sleep.
- Large private bathroom featuring full shower with glass door, hairdryer & premium L’Occitane® bath products.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on board daily
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel.
- Selection of Local Favorites to bring the customs, cultures, and tastes of your destination to life. Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by entertainers, artisans, and experts designed to enrich your cruise.
- Included sightseeing accompanied by Certified Local Guides.
- Choice of sightseeing pace in many cities. Choose the pace that’s most comfortable for you: “Traditional” to see all the major sights; “Leisurely” when you want to take it slower; or “Independent,” allowing you to explore on your own.
- A professional Cruise Director who delivers educational commentary as you travel through interesting landscapes, and who assists with requests and additional excursions.
- Friendly, English-speaking staff who deliver consummate personal service throughout your journey.
ONBOARD DINING OFFERINGS & CHOICES
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine & canapés
- Daily choices of regional recipes, Western dishes, and Avalon Fresh vegetarian and healthy cuisine including fresh, local ingredients at every meal.
- Daily full breakfast buffet with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items, and complimentary sparkling wine & juices.
- Choice of daily early-riser & late-riser breakfasts.
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta & carving stations and complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks.
- Choice of alternative grill fare at the Sky Bistro on the Sky Deck (weather permitting) or light lunch in the Panorama Lounge.
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches.
- Daily four-course à la carte dinners in the main dining room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts or cheese, after-dinner premium coffees or tea, and complimentary wine (including from the region), beer, and soft drinks.
- Delectable petite portions of regional specialties, with wines, in the Panorama Bistro.
- Daily Night Fare served at 10:30 pm.
- Daily room service available for Continental breakfast & beverages (service charge applies).
AVALON SHIP AMENITIES
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
- Complimentary computer use in public areas of the ship.
- Sky Deck shade system & premium lounge chairs.
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Sky Deck game area (Suite Ships®)
- Panorama Lounge with cozy seating, panoramic windows, and dance floor.
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station offering complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and a selection of teas; cookies available throughout the day.
- Main dining room with large panoramic windows.
- Observation Lounge
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits; fresh fruit available throughout the day.
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Well-stocked library with books, cards & board games.
- Non-smoking interior
- Availability of bicycles when time on shore permits.
- Availability of Nordic walking sticks for time on shore.
- Complimentary bottled water available daily.
- English-speaking TV channels with over 100 free movie options.
Note: Amenities listed are for Europe ships only
*Prices, availability, itineraries, and inclusions are subject to change at each cruise line's discretion. All prices listed are per person based on double occupancy in the lowest category (not including taxes, fees, flights, travel insurance, or other extras and upgrades). The River Cruise Company will provide current information with your quote. Travel insurance is highly recommended. The River Cruise Company is not affiliated with any cruise line and acts solely as an independent travel agency partnered with Travel Planners International. Photos, maps, and verbiage are used courtesy of each respective cruise line.